I’m so sorry this blog post has taken a while, I’ve been carefully trying to pick what brands I wanted to include and it was a lot harder than I thought.
June and July are two of my favorite months of the year. Everyone gets a little happier, more relaxed and the weather starts to warm up. I’m definitely one of those people who suffer from S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder). As soon as the sun comes out a have a huge grin on my face.
There is nothing better than sitting in the sun in the park, sipping on a cold juice and snacking on some fresh fruit. Its whats summer’s all about.
So here is a list of all my favorite products I’ve been rating these last few weeks:
- Bumble zest drinks – So this lovely brand approached me a while back and offered to send me some of their superfood drinks. I have to be honest and thought that this would be another juice that claimed to have magical powers, like make my skin glow after one sip and didn’t do anything at all but tastes vaguely healthy. I was wrong. Bumble Zest have carefully curated these tiny tinctures that are so incredibly clever. They have packed a ton of nutrients and superfoods into a little 50ml shot that you can either down like a first-year uni student OR mix with water or your favourite smoothie. I have to say I tasted it on its own and it almost blew my head off (in a good way), this stuff is potent. I then put the Matcha one in a morning smoothie and my god did it taste good. I think these little bottles of magic are perfect for people who don’t really like juices but want a good boost of goodness in their day. The flavours are also really different, I haven’t seen chamomile added to a juice ever before. You must try these guys out they are brilliant. (@bumble_zest)
- Aduna Baobab Powder – – Let me start by saying I love the brand Aduna. Love their packaging, their story and all their products. My favourite being the Baobab powder as its so easy to throw into anything. For those who don’t know Baobab is high in vitamin C, making it great for our immune system. I have also found it has really helped with my energy levels, and also tastes great! (@adunaworld)
- Tonic products beauty sachets – When I opened the package from tonic I was so happy just from the beautiful packaging. These convenient sachets come in a pink cylinder tub, easy to store and easy to access. What I learned from the back of the box is that we start losing our collagen in our skin from the age of 23! Im 23 and I didn’t not realise I had to start worrying about collagen. I have read a few articles lately about how skin ageing prevention is so important and the earlier you start the better. I’ve always been a lover in taking good care of my skin, I invest in good products and I’m not ashamed by that. Healthy skin = a healthy looking person as it’s our biggest organ in our body. These little sachets you either mix with water or add to whatever beverage you want. The great thing is they don’t taste of anything and mix so quickly with no lumps left in the bottom of the glass. I have now used over 10 sachets and I can confirm my skin looks glowing! (@tonicproducts)
- Missfits protein – An oldie but a goodie. Yes, they have been around for a while now but missfits is still a fairly new brand and one that EVERYONE should try. Their protein is so silky smooth and incredibly delicious I may be addicted. I have the vanilla vegan blend and add it to some frozen blueberries, almond milk and almond butter and its just the most delicious thing ever. The perfect post workout pick me up and genuinely tastes like a milkshake. It’s also very light in calories, coming in at 70 calories per serving. I don’t count calories, macros so I’m not really bothered but I want to make sure my protein is light and doesn’t fill me up too much. Protein is a supplement, not a meal replacement so you don’t want to make your stomach too full and heavy and missfits is one of the lightest proteins out there. Don’t let that put you off if your goal is to gain weight or your a guy, just up the quantity and try 2 scoops. YUM! (@missfitsnutrition)
- YogiTea Stomach Ease – You suffer from bloating? Then you need to try this tea. When I have had a heavy meal or my stomach feels a bit uneasy I wash it down with a cup of this and the results are magical. The tea contains Cardamom, fennel and ginger, all ingredients that help settle your gut. I love this and have at least one a day. (@yogitea)
- Split – I’m going to throw in a rogue favourite here as I feel like I have to talk about it. Split is a fairly recent film that I just watched on the airplane back from Costa Rica. The film is about a man who is very mentally unwell and has a rare condition that means he takes on 23 different personalities. For one, I love dark psychological films as it reminds me of the roles I was cast in when I used to act. My forte was dark, mental slightly scary characters which I loved to play. James Mcavoy has absolutely blown my brains out in this film. I think its one of the best pieces of acting I have ever seen and a movie that is so brilliant I just had to include it here.
- Skinceuticals – Finally a skincare brand that has changed my life (yes I just went that far). I have to thank the lovely Adela King for almost convincing me to get some of their products. I’m not going to lie they are hard to find in the UK so look online and are fairly expensive. However, as I mentioned above your skin is so important you should be willing to invest in quality products. I bought the gel cleanser and the B5 gel moisturiser and my skin has never been better. A band that is recommended by dermatologists all over the world. I have used cream moisturisers all my life and this is the first time trying a gel and it has worked wonders. My skin is clear, hydrated and the perfect balance of not too oily or dry. If you are looking for some amazing products and are willing to spend the money then head over to their website. (@skinceuticals)
- Scent by Design Candles – One of my clients owns this brand which sells the most beautiful candles I have event smelt. For any of you who know me well, you will know I’m a candle addict. There’s nothing better than having the scent of a candle fill a room. My favourite was always Jo Malone or Diptique but I can safely say that ‘Scent by Design’ now takes the lead, being my favourite candle brand. They burn for hours and hours and their scents are really quite unique. My personal favourite being apple crumble, which I didn’t think I would enjoy but oh my gosh it’s delicious! (@scentbydesign)
Be sure to check all these amazing brands out on their Instagrams and let me know what your favourites of the summer are.
Love Georgie xx